* Park hours are open 6 AM–10 PM year round.
* Alcohol is prohibited in the park from September 1–May 3, in the day use areas.
* Pets must be kept on a leash at all times.
* Camping is on a first come, first served basis.
* There are no camping reservations taken at Giant City State Park.
* All campers have access to a shower house.
* Discounts are available Monday–Thursday to Illinois residents age 62–80.
* No Alcohol September 1st - May 31st
Class A Family Campground consists of 85 sites. These sites have electricity, access to water, and sewage dump station. The fee is $20.00 per site ($30.00 on holidays).
Class A Horse Campground consists of 25 sites. These sites are for people who bring horses to the park with the intent of riding the 12-mile horse trail. All sites have electricity, access to water, and hitching posts. Use of sewage dump station at the Family Campground is permitted. The fee is $20.00 per site ($30.00 on holidays).
Class C Tent Camping Area consists of 14 sites and is located at the back of the Family Campground. These basic camping sites for tents only have access to water. The feel is $8.00 per site.
Primitive/Red Cedar Campground consists of 8 sites and is accessible via the 12-mile Red Cedar Backpacking Trail. The camp is located at the halfway point on the trail. Hiking time is estimated at 4 hours to reach the camping area. Permits can be purchased at the Visitor's Center and must be obtained by noon. You must pack out what you pack in and bring your own water. The fee is $8.00 per night.
Group Campground charges a youth group fee on the basis of $2.00 per person, with a $20.00 minimum. For adult groups, prior approval from the Site Superintendent is required. The fee for this type of group camping is $4.00 per person with a $40.00 minimum.