StarView Vineyards is a member of the Shawnee Hills Wine Trail, located between Orlandini Vineyard and Owl Creek Vineyards on the southeast portion of the trail outside of Cobden, IL. Inside the spacious, beautiful tasting room the gift shop is filled with adorable trinkets, StarView Vineyards memorabilia and locally produced goodies. The wine selection at StarView includes eleven vintages, and visitors are allotted five tastings for $1.00. A $2.00 refundable deposit is required on glasses (when guests purchase a glass of wine on location, a $2.00 fee is applied; if the guest chooses to return the glass, the $2.00 is refunded.)
Indoor seating is available inside StarView's newly remodeled art gallery/banquet room, where visitors are surrounded by the work of talented local artists. A large wrap-around deck provides additional seating, with a gorgeous view overlooking a Koi pond, vineyard and rolling Shawnee Hills. Undoubtedly one of the best views on the trail. Assorted cheeses, sausage and other gourmet items are available at StarView Vineyards for creating your own picnic. Visitors may also choose to order from the Café menu, found below, or bring a picnic basket from home.
Enjoy free live music at StarView Vineyards from 2 - 6 p.m. on Saturdays--see our events calendar for details. Sangria is prepared year round at StarView and sold by the glass or pitcher. StarView Vineyards also offers assorted domestic bottled beer, including Kinkaid Wheat and Saluki Dunkel Dog brewed locally at Big Muddy Brewery in Murphysboro, IL. Shawnee Shuttle guests have been enamored with wine slushies available at StarView Vineyards during the summer months. The Vignoles and SuperNova are popular StarView vintages.
- Chardonel - semi-dry white wine. StarView's Chardonel is un-oaked, accenting the flavorful Chardonel grapes.
- Seyval - semi-dry white.
- Traminette - semi-sweet white.
- Red Star - sweet red.
- BellaStar - semi-sweet rose. A simple, clean, picnic wine.
- Silver Star - sweet white. StarView's signature blend, made mostly from Niagra grapes. Light bodied and crisp with refreshing tanginess.
- Vignoles - semi-dry white. Made mostly from Vignoles grapes with an exceptional bouquet.
- Norton - dry red.
- Chambourcin - dry red.
- SuperNova - dry red.
- Concord - semi-sweet red.
- Sangria - sweet blended wine drink
- Wine Slushies - sweet frozen blended drink.
- Now serving locally brewed beer from Big Muddy Brewery.
Saluki Dunkel Dog and Kinkaid Wheat
StarView Café Menu
- Chopped Lettuce Salad - Crisp Romaine lettuce, chopped and tossed with caramelized amonds and crunchies with a light paprika vinaigrette and topped with fresh shredded Parmesan cheese. Served with sliced French Bread.
- Italian Pasta Salad - Rainbow twirls tossed with freshly chopped olives, tomatoes and crumbled feta cheese. Served chilled with sliced French bread.
* Add grilled Chicken breast to either of the above for an additional $2.00.
- Asiago and Seasoned Oil - Fresh Panera Asiago is warmed and served with seasoned oil for dipping.
- French and Spinach Artichoke - Fresh Panera French bread is warmed and served with hot creamy Spinach Artichoke dip that is topped with fresh shredded Parmesan Cheese.
- French and Olive Tapenade - Fresh Panera French bread is warmed and served with freshly chopped olive tapenade that is made with green and black olives, pimentos, and seasoned to perfection.
All sandwiches are served with potato chips and homemade coleslaw.
- Lemon Pepper Chicken Salad - Chicken Salad is spiced up with a Lemon Pepper seasoning. Served with lettuce on a fresh buttery croissant.
- Pulled Pork - Pulled pork from World Famous 17th Street BBQ is served hot on a bun.
- Chipotle Turkey - Mesquite turkey with homemade chipotle dressing. Served with Pepper Jack cheese and lettuce on a fresh buttery croissant.
- Honey Ham - Honey Ham with Honey Mustard. Served with Colby cheese and lettuce on a fresh buttery croissant.