Orlandini Vineyard is a member of the Shawnee Hills Wine Trail, located on remote gravel lane in Makanda, IL. Orlandini Vineyard dates back to 1988 when Gary Orlandini planted his first grape vines. For many years Gary sold his vintages from his home to friends and people who sought him out based on his reputation for excellence in wine production.
Over the years Orlandini Vineyards has expanded to include a beautiful tasting room, with a deck off the back overlooking the pond, and a bandstand for live entertainment. Gary Orlandini is the acting President of the Shawnee Hills Wine Trail Association.
See our events calendar for more information on free live music at Orlandini Vineyards. Small snacks are available in the tasting room and outside picnic
Orlandini Vineyards Wine Selection:
- 2005 Chambourcin - medium-bodied red wine, lightly oaked. Notes of vanilla and berry.
- 2006 Chambourcin - An estate wine, aged with American & French oak. Lighter bodied & spicy.
- 2008 Vidal - Full of zesty grapefruit and lemon flavors. This dry wine is a limited edition at Orlandini Vineyards.
- 2008 Vidal - A dry white wine with citrus flavors finishing with drier mineral notes.
- 2007 Traminette - a perfectly balanced crisp and spicy semi-sweet white wine that captures the signature floral nose of a German varietal.
- 2007 White Chambourcin - semi-sweet blush wine has notes of cherry and other spring berries.
- 2007 Rosso Gustoso- semi-sweet Chambourcin is one of Orlandini Vineyard's newest releases. Fermenting the grapes on their skins produces the rich purple color.
- 2008 Saluki Red - A sweet red vinted for the sophisticated sweet wine drinker. Produced from the Chambourcin grapes, fermented on the skins.
- Concord- This native American grape contains the classic taste of Grandma's grape jelly. Always a summer crowd pleaser.
- Sangria - Come out and try our delicious Sangria!